Gaming Laptops and What You Need to Look For

A lot of people will choose a laptop for gaming rather than a desktop and there are a number of reasons for this. Having the ability to continue to play computer games no matter where they are is one of the main reasons why some people like to have a gaming laptop instead of a gaming desktop. The fact that a laptop can use battery power and is easy to store away are other great reasons for choosing this option.

gaming laptop

But there are also problems with choosing a laptop as well and the main one is that a laptop is never going to be as powerful as a desktop for gaming purposes. So if you are thinking of buying a cheap gaming laptop for yourself then the tips below should get you on the right track.

• Most cheap laptops are not suitable for gaming and this is something that you need to know from the very off. The specifications that most of the popular games require these days will not be something that a cheap laptop can handle. This will mean that the game will either keep crashing or that it won’t play at all.
  • When looking for a cheap gaming laptop you want something with a fast processor, a decent amount of RAM, and powerful video card. You will also probably want a generous amount of hard drive storage and a large enough display screen that you can enjoy your games. You should also make sure the laptop has a sound card and a decent sound system.
  • There are quite a few laptops that have been designed specifically with gamers in mind and it might be a good idea to stick to one of these. The price of a gaming laptop can vary quite a bit and some of them are very expensive. You should be able to pick up something relatively cheaply though if you do a bit of research.

R4 and gaming cards are crucial to players all over the place, consequently being geared up for all scenarios is the way to go. More items which gamers will feel are essential are memory and joypads.

GameTweeps is a technology and entertainment blog that specialises in providing game lovers with the latest stories, news, events, tutorials, reviews & freebies in the gaming world.

Posted in: Feature, Non-Console, PC

21 Comments

1. Arpit Roy says:

The most important thing is probably the VRAM of the GPU.That can make or break your gaming experience.
    Arpit Roy recently posted..Review: Sony MDR-XB950BT “Extra Bass” HeadphoneMy Profile

2. James Liang says:

When looking for a gaming laptop a DEDICATED graphics card is a must. Look for laptops with NIVIDIA Graphics card, they are making the best graphics card in the market currently. Great suggestions btw.

3. Michael
    Twitter:
    says:

Can definitely confirm with the video card. My laptop uses the internal motherboard card and it’s very slow with games. I can only play the lowest quality even on games that were made for lower end desktop PCs.
    Michael recently posted..Plague Inc: Evolved [Early Access Review]My Profile

4. Hi , Nice post . I prefer desktop over laptop for games .

5. Its true that high speed processor and high RAM with graphics card increase budget.but video card is mostly required for high resolution games.
    rahul saldanha recently posted..How to play clash of clans on PCMy Profile

6. DKPminus
    Twitter:
    says:

Finding a cheap gaming laptop is pretty tough to do, really. Best option is one with a discrete GPU that doesn’t start until a game is launched, that way you still have power conservation while using it normally.
    DKPminus recently posted..April Fools’ 2015 Video Game Joke RoundupMy Profile

7. Iva Lourdes
    Twitter:
    says:

I am gamer and this is very useful information for me.Thank you
    Iva Lourdes recently posted..Top 10 Board Games Of All TimeMy Profile

8. erriche says:

Thanks for the information

9. NETTOPS says:

I think the VRAM and the GPU chipset is the important thing,
    CMIIW
    NETTOPS recently posted..Download Game Minion Despicable Me: Minion Rush Terbaru, Menarik Dan MenggemaskanMy Profile

10. softechs says:

Thank you for this valuable information. I purchased a cheap gaming laptop before 1 month but it’s working very slow.Now i know how to buy a good gaming laptop.

11. Danny Walker says:

I still like to play game desktop more than laptop. On my desktop, I can easy handle many heavy games. but laptop is not.

12. John says:

Thank you for sharing this information im a certified game freak specially playing high requirement games like bioshock, gw2 , battlefield 4 and skyrim.

13. Abott Araon says:

Well according to me the best gaming laptop should contain high RAM then it should have a good graphic card and then a good processor. I am game freak and I have alienware and believe me playing game on alienware is awesome.
    Abott Araon recently posted..Karate Pig online slotsMy Profile

14. Yeah! I agree with all you mentioned above! I used to avail my laptop to play some big games, but it just made me annoyed too much. So, I thought that I should invest a good PC to play well. After that, I upgraded for my laptop to play. Lots of change, haha! But, it’s worth now.

15. Nice post and mentioned very good points. In today time there are many types of laptops that have their own features. They all are suitable for different types of work.So it is very important that we choose best featured laptop for our work.

16. Sammy Dolan says:

I agree with your post, and the main benefit of a gaming laptop over a desktop is the portability.

Other than that, gaming laptops are very expensive and if you have the time and do some research, you can build your own gaming desktop PC for a fraction of the price.

17. aziz says:

very nice and helpfull post for us. Thanks for shairing.

18. Asus has Launched world’s first water cooling laptop Asus GX700 for gamers

19. Collins
    Twitter:
    says:

If you’re not sure what processor to look for in a new laptop, or what RAM is, you’re in the right place. Than will have problem in that laptop. Because Laptops have a single CPU and originally, CPUs had a single core. To increase performance, manufacturers add additional cores or central processing units. For example, a dual core has two central processing units – two processors on one chip sharing the workload.
    Collins recently posted..Snapdeal Clearance Sale Upto 70% offMy Profile

20. yogesh says:

Hi josaph,
    i like the information you gave. i would like to have Lenovo because of less maintenance as well as good service. i have already lenovo laptops with my bro and i just loved it
    thanks for sharing such a great article 🙂

21. Betika says:

You don’t really need a complicated laptop to be a good gamer. In my experience, we are now living in a mobile era, whatever you can move around with, can work with your gaming needs,